EventStorming Master Class with Alberto Brandolini
Learn how to put developers, business people and UX experts on the same page!
The EventStorming Master Class in Milan was a brilliant two-day workshop packed with knowledge. Not only did I get the method itself through hands-on practice but also a lot of little hints and tricks on how to react to participants’ body language and general behaviour. I learnt lots.
Elke Bethke – Product Owner at Haufe Group
EventStorming is a workshop format invented by Alberto Brandolini, founder and CEO of Avanscoperta, that promotes collaboration between different disciplines and across teams.
A visually effective problem-solving technique that puts everyone on the same page, EventStorming was greatly defined by Dan North: “In any EventStorming session of all different kinds, everyone knows what everyone else knows“.
What you will learn
In this two-day format we’ll experience the different formats, working around real business problems.
We’ll take into account the different perspectives (including the facilitator) in a process that spans large scale discovery, to leverage collaborative design.
We’ll experience the how, and we’ll discuss the why.
Day 1 – EventStorming as a discovery tool
- Quick kick-off: where are we and where we want to go.
- Real world Big Picture EventStorming, mastering complexity and unknowns in large scale modelling.
- Managing conflicts, highlighting risk, and the problems really worth solving.
- The facilitator’s toolbox revealed.
- Improving our process exploring motivations of different actors.
- The Change agent’s perspective: why it’s going to be hard even when improvement is obvious, and how to deal with stalemates.
- Everything’s connected: Lean & Kanban, complexity and organization limits.
- Working with startups vs. working with established companies.
- EventStorming as a platform for problem solving.
- ModelStorming: modelling everything without a clue (and yet deliver).
Day 2 – Using EventStorming to design a system
- Design-Level EventStorming: leveraging collaborative modelling to sketck bullet-proof model quickly.
- A different perspective on software design: the picture that explains everything.
- Make policies explicts.
- Discover aggregates.
- Design around the bottleneck.
- Blending User Experience Design and Service Design into Software Design.
- Triggering bullet-proof design with visible state.
- The transaction illusion.
- From sticky notes to working software. When to go for a sophisticated architecture.
EventStorming has been included in the Techniques quadrant of the ThoughtWorks Technology Radar as one of the most interesting emerging techniques.
It’s now a de-facto standard in the Domain-Driven Design community, for exploring and designing complex interactions.
A wide range of organisations has benefited from it: from online marketplaces, to financial and trading institution; from small startups to large scale enterprises… and anything in between!
It’s no wonder EventStorming can be used in all types of business scenarios!
Read what people are saying about EventStorming:
Event Storming is a fantastic technique for eliciting information from the entire team and enabling a shared understanding.
Claire Montgomery – Liberty Information Technology
There have been just two courses which have utterly transformed the way I think about and approach software delivery. The First was DDD Immersion, and the second was Event Storming.
Andrew Harmel-Law – ThoughtWorks
If you are in the business of helping organisations understand how they really work, Event Storming is an essential tool to have in your kit bag. Deceptively simple, EventStorming is a great way to illustrate both the human and system interactions of a business in all their idiosyncratic tendencies.
Chris Moore – ThoughtWorks
- Read the interview with Alberto Brandolini on our blog: from ziobrando to EventStorming!
- Check out the blog post from Zsofia Herendi, founder of the DDD Practitioners community of Budapest, who attended our 2-day Master Class in Milan in March 2018: The 12 meter: where sailboats and EventStorm Walls meet.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Alberto’s talk at DDD eXchange 2018 “Joys and Pitfalls of Collaborative Modelling” here!
Info on EventStorming Training with Alberto Brandolini
What: EventStorming Master Class with Alberto Brandolini
Where: Pirelli Institute, Milan (Italy)
When: October 2 & 3 2018, from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Book your Ticket: Head to Eventbrite’s registration page to secure yourself a seat at Alberto Brandolini’s next EventStorming Master Class in Milan! You can pay by Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal) or Bank transfer.
Language: The workshop will be held in English.
Laptop: You won’t need a laptop for this EventStorming workshop. This is a highly interactive workshop where you’ll be engaging with Alberto and other attendees for the majority of the time.
Dress code: We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, standing time VS sitting time is in favour of the first one! :-)
How to get to Milan?
You can get to Milan City Centre by flying in to one of these three airports: Linate, Malpensa, and Bergamo Orio al Serio. Not bad, isn’t it? :-)
Check our Venue & Location Info Page and get it sorted! With plenty of handy information on accommodation, travel options, where to find the training venue, and much more!
Not enough? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
The workshop is subject to the confirmation of a minimum number of registered attendees. We’ll be sending a confirmation email to all registered attendees no later than one month prior to the workshop start date.
Two coffee breaks and lunch with the trainer and the other attendees are also included in this ticket… because networking matters :)
Questions? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org