EventStorming Master Class with Alberto Brandolini
The workshop will be held in English
For the Italian edition click here
EventStorming is a workshop format that promotes collaboration between different disciplines in order to solve business problems in the most effective way.
What you will learn
In this two days format we’ll experience the different formats, working around real business problems.
We’ll take into account the different perspectives (including the facilitator) in a process that spans large scale discovery, to leverage collaborative design.
We’ll experience the how, and we’ll discuss the why.
Day 1 – EventStorming as a discovery tool
- Quick kick-off: where are we and where we want to go.
- Real world Big Picture EventStorming, mastering complexity and unknowns in large scale modelling.
- Managing conflicts, highlighting risk, and the problems really worth solving.
- The facilitator’s toolbox revealed.
- Improving our process exploring motivations of different actors.
- The Change agent’s perspective: why it’s going to be hard even when improvement is obvious, and how to deal with stalemates.
- Everything’s connected: Lean & Kanban, complexity and organization limits.
- Working with startups vs. working with established companies.
- EventStorming as a platform for problem solving.
- ModelStorming: modelling everything without a clue (and yet deliver).
Day 2 – Using EventStorming to design a system
- Design-Level EventStorming: leveraging collaborative modelling to sketck bullet-proof model quickly.
- A different perspective on software design: the picture that explains everything.
- Make policies explicts.
- Discover aggregates.
- Design around the bottleneck.
- Blending User Experience Design and Service Design into Software Design.
- Triggering bullet-proof design with visible state.
- The transaction illusion.
- From sticky notes to working software. When to go for a sophisticated architecture.
EventStorming has been included in the last two edition of ThoughtWorks Technology Radar, as one of the most interesting emerging techniques.
It’s becoming a de-facto standard in the Domain-Driven Design community, for exploring and designing complex interactions.
A wide range of organisations has benefited from it: from online marketplaces, to financial and trading institution; from small startups to large scale enterprises.
The workshop will be held in English.
For the Italian version click here.
The workshop is subject to the confirmation of a minimum number of registered and fully paid attendees/participants. Avanscoperta reserves the right to postpone or cancel the course if this number won’t be achieved.
Two coffee breaks and lunch with the trainer and the other attendees are also included in this ticket… because networking matters :)
Questions? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org