Bologna, 8 – 9 giugno 2020, con Teri Frith
In this high energy, practical and memorable course written by Sharon Bowman, you’ll explore current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how the human brain really learns.
Toss out outdated assumptions, pull in six specific learning principles based on current brain science, and learn how to apply them to your training programs.
Leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, and resources to enhance what you already know about brain-based learning and training.
The “Training from the BACK of the room” workshop is suitable for teachers, facilitators and coaches, as well as scrum masters and project managers. People with some experience of delivering training will get the most out of this course.
- Connection activities (to other learners, to content and to learning outcomes)
- Setting up for success
- Trainers toolkit – added to throughout the day
- The Six Trumps – six learning principles based on brain science
- Myths and facts about how humans learn
- Using concept centres as an instruction method
- Application of the “trainer’s toolkit” and brain science principles
- Conclusion activities (summarising and reflecting on the learning, action plans)
- Cognitive Dissonance, Reticular Activating System and the Triune Brain
- Introduction to Accelerated Learning and the 4Cs – design and delivery model
- General design and delivery reminders
- Creating a 4Cs map – first draft
- Practical task – design your own training session (application of the 4Cs map and toolbox strategies to specific training topics)
- Conclusion activities (reflecting on the learning, action plans, celebration).
What you will learn
Join Teri Frith and learn about six learning principles based on current brain research, and how to apply these in your training.
You will also explore the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – and use it to create your own training plan specific to a topic you teach.
You will collect a multitude of new ideas, activities, and resources throughout the course, which can be put into practice the very next day.
During the class, you will practise six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then you apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
You will collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
You also receive a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this program, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
Prior to joining the workshop, you will be asked to complete three short pre-course tasks:
- 3 weeks before – questionnaire to complete about your experience and intended learning outcomes from the course
- 2 weeks before – suggested reading to introduce some of the brain science principles
- 1 week before – joining the TBR slack community.
The course builds on your existing knowledge of how humans learn, so the pre-course reading is highly recommended and will be referred to in one of the learning activities.
Entry requirements: Is there anything I need to do before the workshop?
Yes – see above. You will be sent three pre-course tasks to complete in the three weeks leading up to the workshop.
Materials: Will there be any materials to take away?
Yes – you will receive a participant workbook and copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”… so remember to leave some room in your suitcase!
Il workshop sarà confermato al raggiungimento del numero minimo di partecipanti. Invieremo una comunicazione con la conferma del corso agli iscritti al più tardi un mese prima del corso.
Info pratiche sul workshop
Orari: 9.30 – 17.30.
Venue: Camplus Bononia, via Sante Vincenzi 49, Bologna. Tutte le info sulla venue qui: Camplus Bononia Venue Info.
Laptop: Non necessario ai fini del corso.
Numero massimo di partecipanti: 24.
Dress code: informale.
Compreso nel prezzo: coffee break e i pranzi insieme al docente e agli altri corsisti. Perché anche il networking è importante! :-)
Come raggiungere la venue del corso
Trovi tutte le informazioni sulla sede alla pagina Camplus Bononia.
Il Camplus Bononia è in via Sante Vincenzi 49 a Bologna e offre anche soluzioni per il pernotto, qualora tu abbia bisogno di una camera.
Domande? Dubbi? Scrivici a email@example.com.
Neuroscience applied to teaching at its fullest.Alessandro Colla – Head of Development
It’s a must-do for anyone involved in teaching, training or coaching.Giovanni Melis – Senior Scrum Master
Very useful training for people (even for novice trainers) who want to approach an effective method to train others (in pull-style).Fabiana Palu – Founder
Be prepared to be trained as you should really train others and leave space for a lot of “a-ha” moments.Marco Zanconi – Scrum Master and Agile Coach
It’s a mandatory workshop for whoever is involved in training.Hoang Huynh
Interesting course full of ideas and tools that can change the way you teach.Emanuele DelBono
Training from the BACK of the room provides awesome tools to enable a shift in teaching style: from ‘against the brain’ to ‘brain friendly’.Alberto Brandolini – CEO and Founder of Avanscoperta