In this high energy, practical and memorable course written by Sharon Bowman, you’ll explore current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how the human brain really learns.
Toss out outdated assumptions, pull in six specific learning principles based on current brain science, and learn how to apply them to your training programs.
Leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, and resources to enhance what you already know about brain-based learning and training.
- Connection activities (to other learners, to content and to learning outcomes)
- Setting up for success
- Trainers toolkit – added to throughout the day
- The Six Trumps – six learning principles based on brain science
- Myths and facts about how humans learn
- Using concept centres as an instruction method
- Application of the “trainer’s toolkit” and brain science principles
- Conclusion activities (summarising and reflecting on the learning, action plans)
- Cognitive Dissonance, Reticular Activating System and the Triune Brain
- Introduction to Accelerated Learning and the 4Cs – design and delivery model
- General design and delivery reminders
- Creating a 4Cs map – first draft
- Practical task – design your own training session (application of the 4Cs map and toolbox strategies to specific training topics)
- Conclusion activities (reflecting on the learning, action plans, celebration).
What you will learn
Join Teri Frith and learn about six learning principles based on current brain research, and how to apply these in your training.
You will also explore the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – and use it to create your own training plan specific to a topic you teach.
You will collect a multitude of new ideas, activities, and resources throughout the course, which can be put into practice the very next day.
During the class, you will practise six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then you apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
You will collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
You also receive a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this program, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”