«Cloud-Native is about structuring teams, culture and technology to utilize automation and architectures to manage complexity and unlock velocity.»
What is the deal with DevOps and what is happening in the infrastructure world with this whole containers and Kubernetes excitement?
How can you deploy a microservices architecture on Kubernetes?
What are the benefits of containers?
How does this fit with your current application and processes, and what are you going to achieve? What are the downsides and what are costs?
We are going to answer to these and many more questions during this hands-on workshop.
We will go through the general concepts behind DevOps practices and methodologies and focus on Containers, Kubernetes and the whole Cloud-Native stack.
During this hands-on Kubernetes course, we’ll have a comprehensive discussion about DevOps methodologies and a deep dive into Kubernetes, Containers and the whole Cloud Native stack.
We will see how these technologies are changing the world of infrastructure management, how they affect application development and why they increase efficiency and enhance velocity.
We’ll also explore what is happening under-the-hood and how to handle the complexity these tools introduce.
- DevOps: understanding how engineering, tools and methodologies fit all together to achieve a common goal
- Cloud-Native infrastructures, containers and orchestrators: how immutable infrastructures are changing the world of operations and development
- Kubernetes fundamentals
- From dev to prod: How containers enhance your CI/CD delivery pipelines
- How to deploy a real-world microservices application on Kubernetes
- What does “Production Ready” really means with Cloud-Native technologies
- Distributed Monitoring, Logging, Autoscaling and Secrets management in the ephemeral world of containers
- The Kubernetes architecture: an overview on the internals to understand how it works and what are the challenges.
What you will learn
- Learn how to use Kubernetes, its core concepts as well as its advanced ones. We’ll explore Kubernetes from zero to hero. And most importantly we’ll answer the question: how does Kubernetes help you being more Agile?
- Explore how to implement the so-called “DevOps methodologies” leaving home all bullshit and empty buzzwords: how do you build a CI delivery pipeline? Aka the nephew of all CI/CD pipelines you’d end up having if you had a fulltime DevOps person working on your project for months
- Once all these things are clear, what does it mean “being able to use them in production”? What are the challenges you have to face when things get serious? Let’s talk about: monitoring, logging, autoscaling and security/secrets management.