The next edition of the workshop will be held in Italian. Please visit the Italian page of the Product Discovery Workshop con il Lean Value Tree.
When a project starts, or when the time comes to re-think an existing one, there are endless possibilities. Still, in many development teams, the exploration of problems and solutions is quickly archived as “done” as the most obvious option is given priority, or as everyone tends to agree on the boss’ opinion.
During the Product Discovery with the Lean Value Tree Workshop with Matteo Cavucci we’ll discover how you can organise the Product Discovery activities in an agile and pragmatic way by introducing enabling constraints to promote alignment and clarity. All this without limitations to the team’s autonomy and distributed decision making, and without closing the door to innovation and continuous improvement.
Thanks to the Lean Value Tree instruments and a lean inception approach, we’ll explore how to gain consensus on what MVPs have to be created and how to kick-off an agile project… the right way.
- Managers who are in charge of the creation of a new product or of the evolution of an existing one
- Project managers who need to create clarity and transparency for their teams
- UX professionals who are trapped in frustrating and meaningless chains of tasks
- Software developers who work on assembly lines
- Digital specialists who are not involved in strategic decision-making
- Creative agencies looking for an effective way to define their clients’ objectives.
During the workshop we’ll explore a different approach when it comes to kicking off the production of a digital product, putting value for the client at the centre of the process, with the aim of creating interactions and services which are useful and appreciated by the users.
We’ll be deep-diving in the application of the agile approach to planning, and we’ll be getting our hands dirty with the tools that were created and used in challenging environments (from startups to big-scale enterprises).
We’ll focus on the principles behind the Lean approach to Product Discovery and Project Inception, working all together with other participants.
Thanks to the Lean Value Tree model, we’ll be able to create a Product Strategy with clear and defined objectives that are able to adapt and respond to change.
Discovery (session 1 – 2)
- How to make different points of view and knowledge emerge in a collaborative, remote-first, environment
- How to explore the product idea in the service ecosystem by identifying users, interactions, and touchpoints
- How to understand the context and the frame the purpose to identify ideas and opportunities
- How to evaluate a project at its initial stages in order to understand driving and restraining forces.
Ideation (session 3 – 4)
- How to create a Leading Vision (to be followed all along) for the product
- How to identify the goals starting from the opportunities identified
- How to define the strategic bets which represent the foundation of the project
- How to generate experiments that will guide the actions of the team and will allow easier reviews and feedback sessions.
What you will learn
- How to organise ideas for a new product by aligning team and stakeholders on what to create and where to start
- How to have a Product Discovery able to maximise shared knowledge in the shortest possible time
- How to balance the need for a defined plan with the knowledge that will emerge during the execution of the project
- How to use models and structures as a mean to integrate feedback and support continuous improvement
- How to create a clear Product Strategy and roadmap which has value at its centre
- How to do it effectively in a remote setup.
Why you should buy a ticket
It is extremely demotivating to work on a product nobody really needs. Not only this is a waste of time and energy… it also makes the application of good software development practices and the use of advanced technologies useless.
It’s time to learn how to generate an effective Product Strategy through a good session of Discovery.
Online Workshop: How it works
The workshop will happen online and in live streaming: the trainer and all other participants will be in a video conference. You’ll be interacting and working together in real-time thanks to a variety of tools you’ll have at your disposal.
The workshop will keep its highly interactive and hands-on spirit despite being online.
This is why we require that all participants keep their webcam on for the whole duration of the workshop: this will enhance the quality of the communication and of the workshop as a whole.
You won’t be sitting at your desk watching slides and videos, and you’ll be engaged in real-time activities for the majority of the time… as if we were in a real classroom!
This workshop is also designed to enable participants to use and practice the learnings in their working environment from day 1.
We’ll be working on a real-case study by “getting our hands dirty”. We’ll be using the instruments and concepts which underlay a real Product Strategy examining all the process: from discovery to convergence.
Warning: This workshop is not suitable for those who wanna sit down and listen! ;-)