Are you ready to create new and powerful collaborations?
Developers, UX designers, project managers – as long as visual designers, business analysts, engineers, copywriters and so forth – always have the chance to base their work on a “win-win” strategy, but more often than not they end up tied in “win-lose” agreements, by which either the customer or the vendor — or both! — don’t get full satisfaction.
The contracts most used by knowledge workers — those making ends meet more by brain than by their hands — are on a borderline: on one hand we try to predict all possible failure conditions, on the other hand we need to design solutions in real time for our continuously evolving scenarios.
Complicated devices to map and address a complex problem: no way.
Not to mention the real painpoint: we write and sign contracts because we don’t trust our vendor or our customer — who has abused of our patience more than once — but we never address this problem!
In Extreme Contracts Workshop we won’t see too much theory and we won’t look for a one-size-fits-all recipe, pretending it may be valid for all scenarios.
By means of hands-on activities, serious games and facilitated conversations we will rather find guiding principles and see tools to unbundle the several drivers influencing our agreements and aim for the real goal: create agreements with our customers and vendors to work easy, with the right contract in the right context.
If we could distill the common traits shared by all successful contracts, why not making them explicit and then push them top-notch, to the extreme? This is what Extreme Contracts are!
- Cynefin Framework
- Zero/Non-zero sum games
- Skin in the game
- Business Model Canvas and contracts as Customer Channel
- Tips & Tricks to negotiate winning agreements.
Morning – Cynefin Framework & your job
- Check-in and expectations
- Cynefin LEGO Game
- Cynefin business mapping
- Case studies
Afternoon – The value of options
- Orange Exercise
- Zero sum games or not?
- Nobel prize election
- Tool: QuEST
Morning – The value of trust
- Two truths and a lie
- The market for lemons game
- Investment Game
Afternoon – Contracts in the real world
- Traditional contracts
- Contract Pokemon
To link all these concepts to real people, organisations and to the first pioneers of Extreme Contracts, we will see a few case studies about “extreme” negotiation.
- Identify the true value of contracts and ackowledge the real merits of traditional contracts, learning to adopt them if and when needed, not just because “it has always been like this”.
- Using contracts as a building block of our brand identity, turning them into “customer channels” in our Business Model Canvas.
- Signing agreements truly compatible with the lean thinking.
- Shape contracts allowing the collaboration to continuously improve, with no a priori upper bound.
- A step-by-step negotiation checklist.
- A checklist to evaluate our agreements antifragility.
Who is this for?
This workshop is designed for a diverse set of professionals and consultants: designers, architects, software developers, managers and for all those looking for seamless collaborations, project by project.
We offer to knowledge workers tools and principles to challenge the current status quo of contracts. We offer the opportunity to listen to the stories of those who tried and succeded out there, creating new powerful collaborations.
The workshop will be confirmed when a minimum amount of participants will be reached. We keep the right to postpone or cancel it if the number is not reached.
Questions, doubts? Drop us a mail! firstname.lastname@example.org