How do you build an organisation that enables agile at scale and unleashes the power of small autonomous teams?
Join this 2-day workshop with Joakim Sundén, who has long experience from working at Spotify, and has been involved in developing several of the concepts of “the Spotify Model”.
Joakim will share his experiences and viewpoints as independent agile coach and trainer, not as representative of Spotify.
After this workshop, you will have plenty of examples and inspiration from how Spotify grew a dynamic learning organisation that continually reinforces a high-trust culture and supports engaged autonomous teams.
About the workshop
“The Spotify Model” of agile at scale has been getting a surprising amount of attention in the agile community since it was first shared widely in 2012. The Spotify Engineering Culture videos have more than 500K views.
It was never intended as a framework or a model, it was just a case study of the Spotify way of working at the time. That has not stopped a large number of organizations from copying or imitating the model, often without understanding what it was optimized for, what challenges it comes with or how Spotify has adapted and continued to evolve in the five years since.
What you will learn
- Why Spotify made the decisions they made, what other options were considered, which changes were intentional and which ones were emergent
- The underlying principles as well as go into specific practices and mechanisms
- How Spotify combines small autonomous teams with strategic business alignment
- How Spotify works with leadership and growing leaders, and how they work with innovation
- Which values and beliefs shape their culture. And much much more.
The goal of this course is to provide tangible examples of how to create a great place to work that enables agile at scale.
You will leave inspired with ideas on how to redesign your organization to better engage employees and leverage the power of autonomous teams.
Why participating in this workshop?
Join this workshop to gain a deep and wide knowledge of how Spotify works under the hood. With this deeper understanding you will be able to see more options on how to improve your organisational design with regards to your context and boundaries.