Agile at Scale, Inspired by Spotify
Learn how to build an organisation that enables agile at scale!
“The Spotify Model” of agile at scale has been getting a surprising amount of attention in the agile community since it was first shared widely in 2012. The Spotify Engineering Culture videos have more than 500K views.
It was never intended as a framework or a model, it was just a case study of the Spotify way of working at the time. That has not stopped a large number of organizations from copying or imitating the model, often without understanding what it was optimized for, what challenges it comes with or how Spotify has adapted and continued to evolve in the five years since.
About the workshop
How do you build an organisation that enables agile at scale and unleashes the power of small autonomous teams?
Join this 2-day workshop with Joakim Sundén, who has long experience from working at Spotify, and has been involved in developing several of the concepts of “the Spotify Model”.
Joakim will share his experiences and viewpoints as independent agile coach and trainer, not as representatives of Spotify.
After this workshop, you will have plenty of examples and inspiration from how Spotify grew a dynamic learning organisation that continually reinforces a high-trust culture and supports engaged autonomous teams.
Why attending this workshop?
Join this workshop to gain a deep and wide knowledge of how Spotify works under the hood. With this deeper understanding you will be able to see more options on how to improve your organisational design with regards to your context and boundaries.
What will you learn
- Why Spotify made the decisions they made, what other options were considered, which changes were intentional and which ones were emergent
- The underlying principles as well as go into specific practices and mechanisms
- How Spotify combines small autonomous teams with strategic business alignment
- How Spotify works with leadership and growing leaders, and how they work with innovation
- Which values and beliefs shape their culture. And much much more.
- The history of Spotify
- How to build great autonomous teams (a.k.a. Squads)
- Organisational structure to support the squads (Chapters, Tribes and Guilds)
- The Spotify Rhythm & OKRs (Cross team, strategic business alignment and prioritization)
- Team and Tribe leadership
- Roles and responsibilities
- Competence and development frameworks
- Culture, principles and values
- How Scrum, Kanban and XP fits into the Spotify culture
- Think It, Build It, Ship It, Tweak It – The Spotify Product Development Framework
- Sharing and spreading knowledge
- Transparency and communication
- Challenges, lessons learned and failed experiments.
The goal of this course is to provide tangible examples of how to create a great place to work that enables agile at scale.
You will leave inspired with ideas on how to redesign your organization to better engage employees and leverage the power of autonomous teams.
- Progressive leaders and managers
- Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Project Managers and Agile Practitioners
- Organisational change agents, consultants and HR
Basic knowledge in Agile principles and practices, e.g., experience with Scrum, will help you better understand some of the content.
Should I take my laptop with me?
There’s no need to bring your laptop to attend this workshop.
In which language will the workshop be?
This workshop will be held in English.
The workshop is subject to the confirmation of a minimum number of registered attendees. We’ll be sending a confirmation email to all registered attendees no later than one month prior to the workshop start date.
Two coffee breaks and lunch with the trainer and the other attendees are also included in this ticket… because networking matters :)
The training will take place in Milan. The venue is still to be confirmed. We’ll be sending you an official communication once this will be selected.
HOW TO GET TO MILAN?
Visit the airport websites to find out more, or check the best option for you on SkyScanner.
Questions? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
I tuoi non ti mandano? Partecipi di nascosto?
L'IVA te la facciamo risparmiare
Se ti stai iscrivendo al corso a titolo personale, e non hai la Partita IVA, c’è una tariffa speciale per te: uno sconto del 20% sul prezzo corrente del biglietto.
Per usufruire dello sconto basta cliccare il tasto qui sotto:
Lo sconto non è cumulabile con altri codici promozionali.